Are you an entrepreneur mom, mommy blogger or just a mom or even a mom to be? I would love to include you in my Mother’s Day blog post. Just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling me that you’re interested and you’ll receive an email with further details about the blog post.
As a mom I know I’m always on the go. In the mornings I usually have about 20-30 minutes to get ready. There are just certain essentials necessary for a modern mom. Here are a few great gift ideas for Valentine’s Day.
- Ted Baker cross body handbag which I like to call a bucket bag. It’s great for carrying a variety of items for both mom and little ones, plus it looks really nice.
- Rough It statement copper and turquoise cuff makes a great finishing touch to any outfit.
- Michael Kors charging wallet is definitely a great gift for ANY lady and it’s chic.
- Polaroid snap camera is one of those fun gifts, a great way to snap those memorable candids and not forget about them.
- Extra chunky infinity scarf is a simple yet a perfect touch. This one is even handmade making it extra special.
Be sure to sign up to my list to get more great style tips and ideas.
Now that we are clear and out of the Christmas holiday season, we’re gearing up for the next one, Valentine’s Day. Over the next few weeks I will be featuring stylish and functional gift ideas for the ladies. I may even add in a post or two for the men!
There is definitely inspiration behind these gift ideas posts that I will be doing. Over the holidays I heard women say that their significant other ended up buying them things that they really didn’t want…lol. Honestly, every year I give my husband a list of things that I need and want and allow him to choose which ones to purchase. That way we are both happy. However, I know there are men who want to surprise their significant other and get the feeling of “I picked this out just for you all by myself.” Here’s a tip for men that choose to do this—KEEP IT SIMPLE! Sometimes the simplest gift goes a long way–trust me.
Still not making sense? Don’t worry I’m going to break down and analyze this gift idea fashion board for the “Stylish Entrepreneur.”
- Let’s start with these Vince Camuto flat shoes, now I know what you’re probably thinking–are you for real? Yes I am–very for real. While us women LOVE our heels, we also love our feet while having the ability to show off our toes in the summer, corn and bunion free. Having a cute pair of flat shoes that goes with everything and being comfortable at the same time is a God send!
- A handbag that can tote a laptop and personal items. It’s a pain to carry two bags. This leather work tote from KISEINbags has all the qualities that she will need and want such as, space, function, compartments and style.
- If you are planning to buy jewelry make sure it’s something that she doesn’t already have and it’s something that can be cross functional (meaning she can wear it with any style outfit). This Kate Spade metro watch or Hand Stamped Necklace from my shop are the perfect gift options (you can even save 30% off your first order if you subscribe to my list).
- Is she #TeamApple? You can’t go wrong with a gift card to the app store, especially if she’s an entrepreneur. I’m sure there are plenty of apps that she would love to upgrade from the free version or there may even be some iBooks on her “to read” list that she can purchase.
Hopefully, you found this list helpful. Stay tuned over the next couple weeks as I post more fashion boards of gift ideas.
Holidays are here and the good, bad and ugly have reared its head. Yes, I said bad and ugly. Every year I’m always at a loss for words because while it should be the most joyous, giving and happy time of the year it seems people can be the complete opposite. I was in Home Depot a few weeks ago and overheard some of the sales associates sharing horror stories about some holiday customers. After listening to their store I definitely have a new found respect for individuals who work retail this time of year. So I’ve compiled a list of ten ways to stay very stylish and stress free this time of year. Let me know some of the ways you celebrate your stylish holiday.
1.Do at least one fun activity this holiday season. Maybe it’s decorating your house, baking cookies, creating some holiday DIY decor or it could even be making some eggnog kicking back and watching your favorite holiday movie.
2.If you don’t feel like going shopping, then don’t! I’m so serious about this one. Take advantage of online shopping it’s there for a reason and you still have time to get it by the 25th.
3. Need something to wear to a Holiday Party? Play dress up in your closet. I’m sure you can curate the chicest attire from pieces in your closet. Make it fun too, play some music and invite your girlfriends over.
4. Take a new class at the gym. Okay this is really random, but that yoga class you’ve been meaning to take will be just what you need this Holiday season. Stretching can definitely relieve stress.
5. Paint your nails an unusual color. It’s the Holidays why not try something different. I did this a few weeks ago with Sally Hansen nail strips and I loved the finishing look. Very different from my usual natural nail.
6. Create a Holiday wish list on Pinterest and send it your loved ones so they’ll know what to get you.
7. Spend time with your family and friends. After all, that’s the true reason for the season right?
8. Be nice to others. Okay so the lady in front of you cut you in line, big deal. Pick your battles, is it really worth making a scene?
9. Do something nice for someone else–dare I say a stranger even. A few weeks ago I was at the mall (yeah for a hot second) and my son wanted to ride the train. The kiosk only took cash (as if) and surprisingly I had cash on me (I never really carry cash on me), however, the lady behind me had a toddler who was itching to ride the train, but didn’t have cash on her. I took one look at the little toddler and said don’t worry about and purchased 2 tickets.
10. Make a Holiday playlist. I did mine last week!
It’s Giving Tuesday and today we’re donating 25% of each sale to a wonderful organization called Girl Effect. The Pink Locket is all about empowering confidence in women, Girl Effect does just that they empower young girls to be confident and change the world. So let’s support this wonderful organization and get your shopping on.
Out of all of the shopping days this weekend, if there’s one day I like the most it would be Small Business Saturday, and not just because I’m a small business owner, but because there are so many small business out there just doing their thing, so why not support them. Here are my top 5 reasons to support small businesses as well as some neat businesses to check out.
Top 5 Reasons To Support Small Business
1. Supporting small businesses in your community directly supports your community.
2. You receive personal one on one service.
3. You’re supporting someone else’s dream.
4. Want something tailored or personalized just for you, many times this is the route to go.
5. You’ll put a smile on someone’s face (the owner).
Yes, it’s true, the Holidays are coming. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and/or Festivus I hope you don’t get too stressed out this season. I actually read somewhere that the Holiday Season is the most stressful time of year! Really? If you are anything like me I try to avoid going into the stores during this time of year as much as possible, and take full advantage of online shopping.
This year I’m doing something a little new, I will be creating a gift guide to shine the focus on creative indie designers who have really cool products that would make great gifts for your family and friends. So if you are an indie or handmade designer and want me to feature you in my gift guide please email email@example.com for more information. If you know of someone who maybe be interested, just share this post with them.
P.S. To help you kick off your holiday shopping I’ve included a link to some of my “Great Gift Ideas Under $50” just click on the above image!
Every Mother’s Day I try to buy my mom keepsake and memorable gifts, as do most people. There’s just something about a personal gift that makes it great. Now my mom is the type if you ask her she’ll tell you, “Buy me a bottle of perfume,” she’s a perfume lover for sure. My sister and I are always like, you must want something else. This Mother’s Day I’ve added a new jewelry piece to my personalized jewelry collection, check out my new two tone initial disc pendant necklace. It’s so lightweight and looks great layered with another delicate necklace.
If going the personalized route is not your Mom’s thing, maybe she’s a fashion forward lover. In that case my array choices of statement rings also make great gifts.
Be sure to check out my Etsy shop for more gift ideas for your mom. Remember there’s free shipping on orders over $25 and the deadline to place your Mother’s Day Order is May 3rd.