I love surfing Pinterest to find new ways to help me with storing my jewelry. I think there is a general consensus that jewelry needs to be visually displayed in order for it to be worn. Think about it, the earrings or necklace that you see regularly are probably the ones that get worn most of the time. Then one day you clean out your jewelry drawers to find a “blast from the past”, low and behold you find that one bracelet you thought you’d lost. Here are my top four jewelry storage ideas that I love, hopefully you can incorporate them into your own jewelry storage.
The Regular Jewelry Box
This is my favorite for many reasons, one being it’s necessary to store your valuable jewelry pieces, like family heirloom jewelry, precious diamond earrings, you get the idea. This a really cute stackable one from Anthropologie . It’s a bit pricey, but you can find one that suits your taste and budget anywhere.
Jewelry dishes are storage items that you need in bulk. It’s great to have several since it’s easy to store rings and small earrings in. They even fit great in drawers. Check out this one from Paragraph Loop.
Chainlink Wall Storage
I saw this at Target one day and I thought it was such an easy, not to mention, unique decor way to showcase your jewelry. Plus it’s only $10!
Jewelry Cork Board
Cork boards are excellent ways to store and display necklaces. Ones that are nicely framed like this one from You Matter Designs will look great on your bedroom wall as well.
What makes jewelry unique is that you can style it however you like. Jewelry is one of those accessories that can make the most basic outfit look like a magazine glamour shot.
Here are some great ideas to help you style your own jewelry with your wardrobe.
Simple geometric shaped jewelry work well across various styles. Here are a pair of bangles that accent a business attire look. Looks simple beautiful and classic.
A perfect way to pair a statement ring with stacking gold bangles pulled off with basic denim and a blazer.
This is a perfect way to layer necklaces. Start with a choker, then choose a mid length chain piece and finish off with a longer chain.
A great way to stack rings using two different types of metals. You can even play of this look using different texture metals like shiny, matte, polished or distressed.
As a mom I know I’m always on the go. In the mornings I usually have about 20-30 minutes to get ready. There are just certain essentials necessary for a modern mom. Here are a few great gift ideas for Valentine’s Day.
- Ted Baker cross body handbag which I like to call a bucket bag. It’s great for carrying a variety of items for both mom and little ones, plus it looks really nice.
- Rough It statement copper and turquoise cuff makes a great finishing touch to any outfit.
- Michael Kors charging wallet is definitely a great gift for ANY lady and it’s chic.
- Polaroid snap camera is one of those fun gifts, a great way to snap those memorable candids and not forget about them.
- Extra chunky infinity scarf is a simple yet a perfect touch. This one is even handmade making it extra special.
Be sure to sign up to my list to get more great style tips and ideas.
Now that we are clear and out of the Christmas holiday season, we’re gearing up for the next one, Valentine’s Day. Over the next few weeks I will be featuring stylish and functional gift ideas for the ladies. I may even add in a post or two for the men!
There is definitely inspiration behind these gift ideas posts that I will be doing. Over the holidays I heard women say that their significant other ended up buying them things that they really didn’t want…lol. Honestly, every year I give my husband a list of things that I need and want and allow him to choose which ones to purchase. That way we are both happy. However, I know there are men who want to surprise their significant other and get the feeling of “I picked this out just for you all by myself.” Here’s a tip for men that choose to do this—KEEP IT SIMPLE! Sometimes the simplest gift goes a long way–trust me.
Still not making sense? Don’t worry I’m going to break down and analyze this gift idea fashion board for the “Stylish Entrepreneur.”
- Let’s start with these Vince Camuto flat shoes, now I know what you’re probably thinking–are you for real? Yes I am–very for real. While us women LOVE our heels, we also love our feet while having the ability to show off our toes in the summer, corn and bunion free. Having a cute pair of flat shoes that goes with everything and being comfortable at the same time is a God send!
- A handbag that can tote a laptop and personal items. It’s a pain to carry two bags. This leather work tote from KISEINbags has all the qualities that she will need and want such as, space, function, compartments and style.
- If you are planning to buy jewelry make sure it’s something that she doesn’t already have and it’s something that can be cross functional (meaning she can wear it with any style outfit). This Kate Spade metro watch or Hand Stamped Necklace from my shop are the perfect gift options (you can even save 30% off your first order if you subscribe to my list).
- Is she #TeamApple? You can’t go wrong with a gift card to the app store, especially if she’s an entrepreneur. I’m sure there are plenty of apps that she would love to upgrade from the free version or there may even be some iBooks on her “to read” list that she can purchase.
Hopefully, you found this list helpful. Stay tuned over the next couple weeks as I post more fashion boards of gift ideas.
Here’s to my first post of the new year. I know I’m about 15 days late, but with good reason. I had a very busy holiday season and year, so I decided to take a couple weeks off and enjoy the time. Plus I’ve been analyzing and planning, as I like to call it. I typically don’t make new year resolutions since I’m always setting goals and planning and feel there’s no reason to set those resolutions before the 1st (if you know what I mean). However, I do like to take time to reflect on the previous year. Reflect on what made me happy, what didn’t, where I can improve, how do I do it, who didn’t I get to spend time with and the list goes on.
This year I’ve decided to take a slightly different approach to tackling goals. After being inspired by Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map Planner, I’ve decided that how I feel while trying to achieve goals matter. My environment matters, it impacts not only the decisions that I make, but how I feel while making them. What does this all mean? Here it is in a nutshell, if something or someone puts me in a place of not feeling good about myself or others around me, that thing and/or that person is being eliminated from my life. This is where that wonderful quote from Derek Sivers comes in (pictured above). So if something doesn’t make me look like my bitmoji’s below, then it’s a big fat “NO.” What are some of your goals for this year, I would love to hear from you, drop me a comment.
I know this post has absolutely nothing to do with style or fashion, but how else do you expect me to come up with on point jewelry styles if I’m bogged down with things that don’t make me happy 🙂 Speaking of style…be sure to subscribe to my list to receive 30% off your first order from my store. I hope you have a wonderful 2016, cheers!
Holidays are here and the good, bad and ugly have reared its head. Yes, I said bad and ugly. Every year I’m always at a loss for words because while it should be the most joyous, giving and happy time of the year it seems people can be the complete opposite. I was in Home Depot a few weeks ago and overheard some of the sales associates sharing horror stories about some holiday customers. After listening to their store I definitely have a new found respect for individuals who work retail this time of year. So I’ve compiled a list of ten ways to stay very stylish and stress free this time of year. Let me know some of the ways you celebrate your stylish holiday.
1.Do at least one fun activity this holiday season. Maybe it’s decorating your house, baking cookies, creating some holiday DIY decor or it could even be making some eggnog kicking back and watching your favorite holiday movie.
2.If you don’t feel like going shopping, then don’t! I’m so serious about this one. Take advantage of online shopping it’s there for a reason and you still have time to get it by the 25th.
3. Need something to wear to a Holiday Party? Play dress up in your closet. I’m sure you can curate the chicest attire from pieces in your closet. Make it fun too, play some music and invite your girlfriends over.
4. Take a new class at the gym. Okay this is really random, but that yoga class you’ve been meaning to take will be just what you need this Holiday season. Stretching can definitely relieve stress.
5. Paint your nails an unusual color. It’s the Holidays why not try something different. I did this a few weeks ago with Sally Hansen nail strips and I loved the finishing look. Very different from my usual natural nail.
6. Create a Holiday wish list on Pinterest and send it your loved ones so they’ll know what to get you.
7. Spend time with your family and friends. After all, that’s the true reason for the season right?
8. Be nice to others. Okay so the lady in front of you cut you in line, big deal. Pick your battles, is it really worth making a scene?
9. Do something nice for someone else–dare I say a stranger even. A few weeks ago I was at the mall (yeah for a hot second) and my son wanted to ride the train. The kiosk only took cash (as if) and surprisingly I had cash on me (I never really carry cash on me), however, the lady behind me had a toddler who was itching to ride the train, but didn’t have cash on her. I took one look at the little toddler and said don’t worry about and purchased 2 tickets.
10. Make a Holiday playlist. I did mine last week!
It’s Giving Tuesday and today we’re donating 25% of each sale to a wonderful organization called Girl Effect. The Pink Locket is all about empowering confidence in women, Girl Effect does just that they empower young girls to be confident and change the world. So let’s support this wonderful organization and get your shopping on.
Out of all of the shopping days this weekend, if there’s one day I like the most it would be Small Business Saturday, and not just because I’m a small business owner, but because there are so many small business out there just doing their thing, so why not support them. Here are my top 5 reasons to support small businesses as well as some neat businesses to check out.
Top 5 Reasons To Support Small Business
1. Supporting small businesses in your community directly supports your community.
2. You receive personal one on one service.
3. You’re supporting someone else’s dream.
4. Want something tailored or personalized just for you, many times this is the route to go.
5. You’ll put a smile on someone’s face (the owner).